Why we love this recipe:
→ So full of flavor & baked to perfection, you won't believe how easy and delicious this salmon is!
→ Packing 37g of protein and 350 calories per serving (and that's if you consume all of the marinade!)
this omega-3 rich fish makes one nutritious meal that will leave you full and satisfied.
Pair it with a side of roasted or steamed veggies and you'll have one delicious fit meal on the table!
→ With a super easy 5-ingredient marinade and no-mess foil baking, we hope this will be your new favorite fit meal.
→ *Quick tip: Costco sells bags of frozen Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon steaks.
They're individually wrapped and are super quick to thaw! Having these handy in our freezer makes it so much easier for us to eat fish more often.
Hope this info is helpful and that you enjoy the recipe! 🙂
What you will need (for 4 Servings) ↓
- 4 Sockeye Salmon Filets (about 6oz each)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced sodium preferably)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions: Prep Time: 5 min (+ marinate time). Cook Time: About 20 min)
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
Place the thawed salmon steaks in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over, refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line your baking dish with foil.
- Place the salmon (skin down) and marinade in your foiled dish and and fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, sealing the packet closed.
- Place in the oven and bake it until cooked through (about 15-20 minutes, usually with 5-6 oz steaks, 15 minutes will do it). Open the packet and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the salmon is caramelized and slightly charred.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve on a bed of rice with steamed veggies on the side.