Why we love this recipe:
→ This delicious dinner requires very little work and only 3 ingredients!
→ One awesome post-workout meal that packs 50 grams of protein & 43 grams of carbs for just 405 calories per serving!
→ Pair it with steamed or roasted veggies for a little extra fiber and nutrients, and you're done!
Come on, that WAS easy! right? 🙂
What you will need (for 4 Servings) ↓
- 4 (8 oz) Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cups of chicken or vegetable Broth (or chicken bouillon mixed with water)
- 1 Cup uncooked Jasmine rice
Directions: (Prep Time: 5 Min, Cook Time: 7 Hours)
- Place chicken in slow cooker, cover with broth. Cook for 4-5 hours on high setting, until the chicken is cooked and shreds easily. (Use longer cooking time for frozen chicken breast.)
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Put the chicken back in the crock pot and add the uncooked rice, cook together for an additional 1 to 1.5 hours. The rice will cook in the broth and will pick up all of the yummy flavors!
* Note: For extra flavor, add your favorite spices while the chicken cooks and make it your own!