Never settle for a boring meal! This Garlic-Lemon Shrimp Recipe will be your new favorite high protein fix!
Why we love this recipe:
→ 46 grams of protein and just 306 calories per serving.
→ A quick and delicious way to get your protein fix.
→ Pair them with rice or polenta on training days, or steamed veggies on low carb days!
Calories: 306 / Protein: 46 grams / Carbs: 3 grams / Fat: 11 grams (makes 2 servings)
What you will need (for 2 Servings):
- 1 pound of raw shrimp, peeled, de-veined and tails off. (medium to large, fresh or frozen will work!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Directions: (Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 6 min)
- Rinse and pat dry your shrimp with paper towels and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Once the oil is hot, add the garlic to the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat with the garlic, then spread them out in the pan so they have enough room to cook.
Cook 2 minutes on each side (add an extra 30 seconds per side for larger shrimp).
Once both sides are cooked, the shrimp should have turned opaque and pink or orange.
- Squeeze half a lemon’s juice on the shrimp, and stir fry for an additional 40-60 seconds. (if you like them slightly browned on the outside, this step takes them to the next level!)
Serve and enjoy!