Why we like this recipe:
→ It’s quick and easy! Make this flavorful & high-protein dish under 30 minutes!
→ Great for leftovers! Serve over potatoes or rice on your training days and roasted veggies or steamed broccoli on your low-carb days.
What you will need for 6 Servings:
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Madeira wine or dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
Directions: (Prep Time: 7 min, Cook Time: 20 min)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients (Ground turkey, ground beef, breadcrumbs & egg whites). Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
Add patties; cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning after 3 minutes.
Remove patties from pan; keep warm.
- Stir in water and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Add patties. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Uncover and cook until wine mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes).
Serve over rice, potatoes, roasted vegetables, steamed broccoli or any other side of your choosing!