“Leftover Salade Nicoise” Recipe
Why we like this recipe:
→ It’s high in protein, low-carb, and is jam-packed with nutritious ingredients that will keep you full!
→ This recipe originates from the South of France, and the idea behind it is to use up foods leftover from the weekend, and throw them into a healthy salad.
Don’t waste any time (or food)
Try this recipe tonight!
What’s in it: (For 2 Servings)
-4 hard-boiled eggs
-1 cup fresh green beans (blanched, steamed or canned beans )
-1/2 onion, thinly sliced
-1/2 cup sliced cucumber
-1 (12oz) can of albacore tuna
-½ lb mixed salad greens (we love arugula in this salad)
Preparation:(Takes about 20 minutes)
- Hard boil 4 medium eggs: cook them for about 12 minutes in boiling water, and then put them in a bowl of icy water to cool.Meanwhile:
- Peel the onion and thinly slice it
- Peel and slice the cucumber
- Once the eggs have cooled, peel and quarter them
- In a large salad bowl, combine:
Mixed lettuce, tuna, green beans, onion, and cucumber
- Toss with balsamic vinaigrette and then garnish with eggs
– Fresh Tomatoes
– Pitted Olives
– Bell Peppers
– Artichoke Heart
– Cold Potatoes or Rice
– Blanched Broccoli, Cauliflower, Asparagus
Get creative! Grab other veggies or leftover from your fridge and mix them in!