Why we like this recipe:
→ High in nutrients and in protein, this recipe makes a balanced meal that will fill you up!
→ So tasty, you wouldn’t guess that one serving is under 400 calories!
What you will need: (For 4 Servings)
- 4 Pork chops (bone in) 1 inch thick, about 2.5 pounds total
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons of whole grain mustard
- 4 Shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 Bunch of radishes, halved
- 1/2 Pound of sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 Cup of frozen peas, thawed
- Chopped fresh chives, for serving
Directions: (Total time: 35 min)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the chops with salt and pepper and cook in batches, until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest chop reads 145°F (about 5-6 min per side).
Transfer to a plate and reserve the skillet.
- Add the broth and mustard to the skillet, whisking to scrape any browned bits.
Cook until thickened, 2-4 min.
- Heat the remaining oil in another large skillet, over medium heat.
- Cook the shallots, tossing occasionally, until browned and softened (5-7 min).
- Add the radishes and cook until just beginning to soften (3-4 min).
- Add the sugar snap peas and cook until crisp/tender (4-5 min).
- Add the peas, season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Serve the pork chops over the veggies, drizzle gravy on top and sprinkle the chives.