What you will need:
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup sliced red onions
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch. Set the mixture aside.
- Place a large sauté pan or wok over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and and heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring as needed, until the shrimp are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then add the bell pepper, carrots, red onions and snow peas and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes until the vegetables are crisp but tender. Add the prepared sauce and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Return the shrimp to the pan, stirring to combine, then add the zucchini noodles and cook, tossing to coat, for 1 minute.
- Transfer the stir-fry to serving plates, garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.