Why we like this recipe:
→ This French-inspired meal is a great combination of protein and fiber, helping you stay full and build muscle!
What you need: (For 4 Servings)
-1 tbsp canola oil
-2 x 6-oz chopped boneless & skinless chicken breasts
-1 medium yellow onion, sliced
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 zucchini, unpeeled, sliced into half moons
-1 yellow squash, unpeeled, sliced into half moons
-1 eggplant, unpeeled, diced
-1 red bell pepper, sliced
-9 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
-4 large tomatoes, sliced
-10 basil leaves, chopped
-2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation: (Ready in about 40 min)
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté the chicken until it is browned (about 3 minutes).
- Add onion and brown (about 3 minutes).
- Add garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, peppers and mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring to cook evenly.
- Add tomatoes, basil and parsley. Stir to combine. Cook about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or polenta!