Below we’ve featured upcoming fitness events in Raleigh and the surrounding area for January and February 2013. Our personal trainers recommend staying active and make movement fun with events like these!
Commitment Day 5K – 1/1/2013 – Raleigh
- 5k run
- Thousands of people will set out to do a 5K and end up starting a movement. Men, women, families, co-workers and neighbors are making a commitment to live a healthy lifestyle while helping others do the same.
White Cross Youth Basketball – 1/1/2013 – Chapel Hill
Run for Young – 1/13/2013 – Raleigh
- 5k run
- a great family event for the young and the young at heart
- Proceeds from the race will raise awareness of safe driving methods for teens at participating high schools as well as supporting the Christ Church Youth Ministry Endowment.
Long Haul 100 – 1/19/2013 – Chapel Hill
- 100 mile, 50 mile road race
- With Individual 100 & 50 mile UltraMarathons and 5 or 10 runner team relays, this race is the perfect race!
Hiking the Appalachian Trail: Trip Planning – 2/1/2013 – Cary
- At this fitness event, come learn the basics of what you will need to know to get started hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- This in-store class will give you a solid foundation to get you started planning everything from a short hike to a long backpacking trip.
Uwharrie Mountain Run – 2/2/2013 – Wake Forest
- Run Lengths: 40 Miles, 20 Miles, 8 Miles
- Running the Uwharrie Trail is a true adventure that requires intense concentration and endurance~
2013 KE Caring Community 5K – 2/2/2013 – Chapel Hill
- Trail race, walk/run
- Individuals, teams, families, and pets welcome!
Krispy Kreme Challenge -2/9/2013 – Raleigh
- 4.96 Mile Run.
- Donut eating competition.
- All proceeds from the Krispy Kreme Challenge are donated to the North Carolina Children’s Hospital
Yoga, Stretch & Meditation for Gardeners – 2/10/2013 – Duke University, Durham
- restorative yoga and stretching to keep your body as vibrant as your garden. We’ll also do various breathing meditations that you can continue practicing at home
Run for the Roses 5k – 2/10/2013 – Raleigh
- The Run for the Roses 5K will celebrate its 33rd anniversary this year.
- As in years past, a portion of the proceeds from the Run for the Roses will benefit Carolina Canines for Service, which trains service dogs for people with limited mobility.
Carolina Godiva Track Club’s Coach Bubba 2013 20 km & 4 mile – 2/16/2013 – Durham
- The 20 km course will wind through the Forest Hills neighborhood and the American Tobacco Trails (ATT).
- The 4 mile course is out and back on the ATT.
- This year, the primary charitable beneficiary of the race will be Triangle Residential Options for Substance Abusers (TROSA)
- 5k competitive, 5k recreational, 5k kids dash
- Raise funds for local outreach efforts that support non-profits such as North Raleigh Ministries, Christian Library International, Raleigh Rescue Missions and Resources for Seniors.
USBA Team 1 on 1 Winter Basketball Classic – 2/22/2013 – Raleigh
Gears & Beers Challenge – 2/23/2012 – Cary
Compete as a team of 2 or 3 throughout the metro area by bicycle as you conquer a series of obstacles and challenges designed to mentally stimulate & physically fatigue.
Miles for Missions 5K – 2/23/2013 – Raleigh
Special Olympics NC 5k Torch Run – 2/23/2013 – Raleigh
- Proceeds from this event benefit Special Olympics NC and the 38,000 individuals with intellectual disabilities that participate in the year-round sports programming, which is offered at no cost.
If we’ve missed any fitness events in Raleigh that you’d like use to share, please contact us!
Jumping in and participating in some of these events can be intimidating! Allow us to support your fitness and training goals… Our personal trainers and strength coaches can provide the very best race and competition preparation. Our private gym has the gear, and our trainers have the knowledge, to give you the edge over the competition!