There are tons of races and other fitness events around the Carolina’s this month. Whether you’ve registered for a race or not, November is a fabulous time to get running with cooler temperatures encouraging your longer runs, or more vigorous sprints. But if you’d like to get moving with company, here are some Raleigh fitness events to check out:
Get in a little off-roading as you bike through Umstead Park! You can choose from either a 50-mile or 100-mile course to satisfy the adrenaline junkie in you. If you enjoy singletrack biking, consider attending or volunteering at this event which is aiming to get more paths available in the Triangle area.
- What: A 50 or 100-mile bike course
- Where: Umstead Park
- When: November 1st from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Going into its 8th year, the City of Oaks marathon is one of Raleigh’s largest and most exciting races! There are actually 5 events to choose from:
- Full Marathon
- 4-Person Marathon Relay
- Kid’s Marathon Mile
So no matter the ability level, come out and race with (or cheer on) Raleigh’s running community!
- What: 5 running events, the marathon going through downtown and past NC State
- Where: All events start and finish on Hillsborough Street
- When: The marathon, 1/2 marathon and relay start at 7:00 AM. The 10k starts at 7:20 AM, and the kids Mile at 7:30 AM.
Yes, it’s already time to start thinking about Christmas. Instead of stressing about buying presents, let’s run a casual 5k and drink beer!
- Who: Anyone over 21
- What: Two route options, a 5k or 3.5 mile run
- Where: Starting at Tir Na Nog on Blount Street
- When: November 23rd at 3:00 PM