Fitness Events in Raleigh | October 2018
Cooler weather's on its way, it's the perfect time to get out there and try something new!
Check out some of the fun events going on in Raleigh this October:
October 3: Get Fit at Dix - Yoga in the Park
- Where: Dorothea Dix Park Williams Field, Corner of Blair Drive and Umstead Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
- When: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 , 6:00-7:00 PM
- How Much: Free
- What: Enjoy nature & tranquility at Dorothea Dix Park as a certified yoga instructor leads you through yoga poses to increase strength and flexibility. All fitness levels are welcome!
- Where: 4441 Six Forks Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
- When: Saturday October 6, 2018, 7:15 AM
- How Much: $33-84
- What: The race will proceed through three beautiful greenway sections: Mine Creek Greenway, House Creek Greenway and Crabtree River Greenway. Runners will enjoy the new downhill finish as they race down Gates Street. With an average temperature of just 54 degrees at race start, it's the perfect event to kick off your fall race season!
Oct 9: Yoga Fest Durham
- Where: CCB Plaza, 201 Corcoran St, Durham, NC 27701
- When: Tuesday, October 9, 2018. 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- How Much: Free
- What: Part of a series of 8 free community classes in Downtown Durham, enjoy a showcase of Durham’s diverse community of yoga teachers, meet yogis & have fun.
The event is hosted by You Call This Yoga, and sponsored by Neomonde Mediterranean, who has a newly opened restaurant across the street and will provide a snack after class.
- Where: Southern Boundaries Park, Third Fork Road, Durham, NC 27707
- When: Saturday October 13th (or every saturday!), 8:00AM
- How Much: Free
- What: It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock, come along and join in whatever your pace!
Oct 14: ALES FOR RAIL TRAILS 5K
- Where: Full Steam Brewery, 726 Rigsbee Ave, Durham, NC 27701
- When: October 14, 2018, at 2:00PM
- How Much: $30
- What: Ales for Rail is a community 5K that will start and finish at Fullsteam Brewery, the course will wind through Old North Durham to Duke Park and along the Ellerbe Creek Trail. All participants will receive a custom Ales for Rail Trails pint glass filled with Fullsteam ale, and entered to win prizes and gift certificates from several local businesses!
- Where: Clock Tower Commons, 8521 Brier Creek Pkwy #105 Raleigh, NC 27601
- When: Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 8:00 am
- How Much: $18+
- What: The race starts in front of the Clock Tower head through Brier Creek towards DICK's Sporting Goods. Those waiting at the finish line will be entertained by the sounds of DJ Alex and will get the chance to visit the event sponsor booths in the Runner's Village and check out the giveaways. The event is stroller-friendly and pet-friendly, there will be a bounce house for children as well as face painting & other fun activities! Stick around and have a fun morning with your family.
Oct 20: Say Boo to Cancer 5K
- Where: 201 Soccer Park Dr. Cary, NC 27511
- When: Sat, October 20 2018, 9:30 AM
- How Much: $20+
- What: Runners of all ages are welcome, however runners aged 10 or under must run with a parent who is also registered. Costumes are welcome and encouraged for both participants and spectators! proceeds from this timed 5K will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Oct 27: Day of The Dead 5K
- Where: Centro Mexican Restaurant, 106 S. Wilmington Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- When: Sat, October 27 2018, 10:00 AM
- How Much: $25
- What: The race goes through Oakwood cementery and loop back to Wilmington St. There will be an art corner for the kids sponsored by Artspace, face painting by Paint Savvy, the best prices from local businesses, for top runners and best costumes, a dance-off costume and Nick Neptune as MC and DJ of this amazing event.
All runners 21+ will finish the race at Gallo Pelón with a Celebratory (FREE) Day of the Dead Margarita.
The goal is to sponsor more than a 100 kids from the Club to run the race through our “Sponsor a little runner” program where $25 dollars can contribute to pay a member’s entry fee. During the last seven years they have had over 3,200 runners and have been able to contribute over $73K to the Boys & Girls Club.
How to Get Fit—FAST!
Discover if training with us is a fit for you with a free 1-on-1 Training Consultation.
Click below to get started now!