Fit Meals: Pork Carnitas
Why we love this recipe:
→ These mouth-watering pork carnitas are not only easy to prepare, they melt in your mouth AND are diet-friendly!
→ Packed with 58 grams of protein and just 355 calories per serving, these carnitas will be your ally for some lean summer gains.
Nutritional info per serving: (4 Servings) → Calories: 355 / Protein: 58 grams / Carbs: 7 grams / Fat: 10grams
What you will need (for 4 Servings) ↓
- 2.5 lbs pork tenderloin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chile powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
Directions: Prep Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 1 hour in pressure cooker or 4-8 hours in slow cooker
- Cut the pork tenderloin into 2-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, oregano, cumin, chile powder, paprika & black pepper. Rub pork cubes in the spice mixture, then coat seasoned pork cubes in olive or avocado oil; place the pork in pressure or slow cooker and cover with orange juice, onion, and garlic.
- Pressure Cooker Instructions:
Place lid on pressure cooker and lock; bring to full pressure for 60 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Remove pork from cooker and shred meat.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours. Remove pork from the slow cooker and shred the meat before returning to the pot with the juices.
- Serve over rice and steamed veggies or in a tortilla wrap with avocado and lime.
Pro-tip: If you're watching your calories & carbs, check out Coach Matt's favorite tortilla wraps below.
They're very tasty and contain 50 calories, 4g protein, 16g carbs each! 🙂 ↓