Fitness Events in Raleigh | August 2017
Make the most of your summer and check out all the fun fitness-related activities going on in Raleigh this August!
August 1: "Do It For The Love" Yoga
- Where: Dorothea Dix Park,2105 Umstead Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
- When: Tuesday August 1, 2017, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- How Much: Free
- What: Enjoy a soulful pre-concert Yoga session for beginners at at Flowers Field in Dorothea Dix Park, followed by a fun concert at the Ritz!
August 4: Yoga Under The Stars
- Where: Firefly Hot & Flow Yoga,302 Pebble Creek Drive, Cary, NC 27511
- When: Fri, August 4, 2017. 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- How Much: $5-35
- What: Celebrate Summer with an evening of yoga, music, food, vendors and community fun!
The event will be overlooking the pond in the spacious backyard of Firefly. This is a family friendly event and a perfect time to mingle and enjoy the outdoors with friends!
August 5: Yoga With Goats
- Where: Hux Family Farm, 1923 Shaw Road, Durham, NC 27704
- When: Sat, August 5 , 2017 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- How Much: $15
- What: Join the fun with goats and sheep yoga! This class is for Level 1 and above yogis.
You will be lead through a yoga flow by your instructor, while the goats and sheep wander around, eating, playing, even sometimes "participating" with you (i.e. jumping on you, but not to worry, those babies weigh less than 8 lbs!)
August 6: Pints & Poses Yoya
- Where: 3709 Neil Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
- When: Sat, August 6, 2017 - 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- How Much: $10
- What: Pints & Poses Yoga is a beginner / intermediate yoga class hosted in The Raleigh Brewing taproom.
Bend & stretch and then enjoy a pint of refreshing Raleigh Brewing beer at noon!
August 19: Night Nation Run - Running Music Festival
- Where: The Koka Booth Amphitheatre at Regency Park, 8003 Regency Pkwy, Cary, NC US 27511
- When: Sat, August 19, 2017 at 8:00 PM
- How Much: $30-50
- What: Be a part of the World’s first Running Music Festival! An amazing event filled live music, lights, lasers, and celebration for the lover of Electronic Dance Music. You can run, walk, skip or dance your way through this electrifying adventure with music carrying you every step. The after party features top EDM DJ’s and special guest celebrity performers.
August 26: Flowers Plantation Pre-Labor Day 5&10K
- Where: 120 Flowers Pkwy, Clayton, NC 27527
- When: Sat, August 26, 2017, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- How Much: $26-30
- What: Run through the beautiful historical Flowers Plantation on a 5k or 10K course that will take you through enchanting neighborhoods, past the Dr. Watson Inn and much more! Cool off in the large outdoor pool after the race and enjoy lunch pool-side!
August 26: The Most Amazing Race
- Where: The Salvation Army Community Center, 902 Wake Forest Road , Raleigh, NC 27604
- When: Sat, August 26, 2017, 10:00 AM
- How Much: Fund Raiser
- What: Embark on an adventure with The Salvation Army’s MOST Amazing Race!
Teams of two will be given an all-access pass to race around downtown Raleigh, following clues to reach checkpoints where they will be completing a challenge. Tasks can be a mental challenge, like assembling a gas pipeline, or a physical one, like performing a choreographed dance or jumping off a 10-meter diving platform or even bouncing across a field inside a giant inflatable ball. The adventure is yours if you join the race!
August 27: Yoga For Equestrians
- Where: Czechmate Stables , 8400 Lawdraker Rd , Apex, NC 27539
- When: Sunday August 27 2017, 8930 AM – 10:30 AM
- How Much: $15
- What: A 60-minute flow style yoga class targeting areas most used by riders to help soothe chronic aches, pains, muscular imbalances and more. You do not have to be an equestrian to participate.
How to Get Fit—FAST!
Discover if training with us is a fit for you with a free 1-on-1 Training Consultation.
Click below to get started now!