Why we love this recipe:
→ With 19g of protein & 7g of fiber, this meal will fill you right up at just 350 calories!
→ Who knew that creamy avocado, eggs and spaghetti squash with a kick would make such a delicious dish?! These boats are super easy to make and will delight your palate!
→ A perfect way to consume avocado, our favorite super-food, which contains nearly 20 vitamins and minerals & is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids.
What you will need (for 2 Servings) ↓
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 4 tbsp salsa (divided)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tbsp liquid egg white (divided)
- 4 tbsp low sodium ketchup (divided)
Directions: (Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 60 min)
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees F. Cut spaghetti squash in half (lengthwise) and remove the seeds. Place the cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let cool until safe to the touch.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Using a fork, separate spaghetti squash into strands and leave them inside the shells. Add 2 tbsp of salsa to each half and gently mix it together with a fork. Break 2 eggs on top of each shell and add 3 tablespoons of liquid egg whites to each shell (more protein! ).
- Bake 15-22 min (15 min if you like the yolk semi runny) for fully baked eggs, sink it more into the squash and bake the full 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each shell with 1/2 an avocado, drizzle with ketchup and serve!
* Tip: Cooking avocado might alter its flavor and degrade the nutrients, which is why we add it at the end. Consuming it raw, we preserve its nutritional value and reap all of the health benefits 🙂