Why we love this recipe:
→ This delicious dish packs a whopping 48 grams of protein per serving!
→ So easy & mouthwatering, this recipe is bound to become a favorite!
→ With just the right amount of spice and plenty of leftovers, this flavorful barbacoa beef will have you looking forward to your next meal.
What you will need (for 6 Servings) ↓
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3 lbs chuck roast
Directions: (Prep Time: 15 min, Cook Time: 6.5 hours)
- First, make the adobo sauce → combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt & pepper in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Trim most of the fat from the roast and then cut it into large chunks (approx. 5). Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned.
- Place meat into Crockpot and pour adobo sauce over meat. Pour in the chicken broth over the meat and cook on high heat 6 hours or on low all day.
- While still in the Crockpot, shred the cooked meat with two forks and turn the heat to warm. Serve with hard or soft tortilla shells or with a side of veggies!