Why we love this recipe:
→ A mouth watering blend of flavors & spices that packs 8.5 grams of protein per serving!
→ A rich source of fiber, vitamins & minerals - this healthful blend brings you the nutrients your body needs to train up!
→ This delicious recipe can be served as a side dish or rolled up into a burrito, accompanied with cilantro, avocado & salsa.
What you will need (for 6 Servings) ↓
- 3 cups of cooked chickpeas ( 2 x 15-ounce cans, drained)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large crown of broccoli
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- black pepper or cayenne pepper to taste
Directions: (Prep Time: 10-15 min, Cook Time: 35 min)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Chop up the onion, bell pepper, and broccoli so that all the pieces about the size of a chickpea. Chop up the garlic real small and put it aside for later.
- Place all the chopped up veggies in a large bowl with the cooked chickpeas. Pour in the oil and soy sauce, stir, and then add in the spices. Mix until all the vegetables are well coated. Pour your mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, add the garlic and bake for another 15 minutes. (The broccoli will look a little burnt at this point, do not panic, it will be delicious! )
- Remove from oven and squeeze the juice of half of the lime over the pan and stir the roasted chickpeas and veggies all around. Taste to see if it needs more spices or anything, and you're all done!
This will be a great side dish to a simple pan seared chicken, or will taste great inside a burrito with some cilantro and salsa!