Why we love this recipe:
→ Packed with nutrients & protein, this low-calorie meal will delight your palate and leave you feeling full & satisfied!
→ An easy and delicious way to get your heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
→ Pair it with steamed veggies on your rest days, and with mashed or roasted potatoes on training days!
What you will need (for 4 Servings) ↓
- 4 tuna steaks, 3/4 inch thick (4 oz. each)
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh Italian Parsley
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 4 medium scallions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
Directions: (Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 9 min)
- Set oven to broil. Lay your tuna steaks out on a broiler dish and brush with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Place dish in the oven and broil with tops 4 inches from heat, for about 4 minutes.
Remove from oven, turn over and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, return to oven for another 4-5 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork and is slightly pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, parsley, basil, scallions, garlic, lime juice, 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade attachment. Process for about 10 seconds, it should be finely chopped. With the food processor running, slowly add the chicken broth and process until almost smooth.
- Place in a mixing bowl, evenly distribute over each tuna steak and serve!