Why we love this recipe:
→ One delicious side dish that packs 8 grams of protein per serving.
→ A perfect medley of flavors that will have you going for seconds!
→ Rich in fiber & nutritious, this dish is high in carbs and low in fat and is a great option for training days.
What you will need (for 7 Servings) ↓
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Directions: (Prep Time: 15 min, Cook Time: 35 min)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa into onion mixture and cover with vegetable broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes; mix in the black beans and cilantro.