Lean Meals: 20-Minute Mango Chicken
Why we love this recipe:
→ At 29 grams of protein, 43 grams of carbs and 351 calories per serving, this quick mango-chicken makes one deliciously easy post-workout meal!
→ Its refreshing flavors and nutritious ingredients make this recipe perfect for summertime.
Nutritional info per serving (Serves 4. 1 serving= 1 chicken breast + 1 cup mango-rice mixture)
Calories: 351 / Protein: 29 grams / Carbs: 43 grams / Fat: 8 grams
What you will need (for 4 Servings) ↓
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 green (or red) bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions: (Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 10 min)
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
Add chicken to skillet, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Add mangos, bell pepper, broth, green onions, mint, lime juice, lime zest and garlic, and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to medium. Partially cover, and cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Add rice to skillet, and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute to heat through.
Serve immediately and Enjoy!