Lean Meals: Amaranth Coated Chicken Cutlets
Why we love this recipe:
→ Each serving provides a whopping 42.3 grams of protein for just 300 calories.
→ A great pairing of your lean protein with wonder food Amaranth, which is one of the most nutritious grains and also one of the most protein-rich plant foods there is.
→ Quick, easy & delicious, just add some fibrous veggies as a side for a perfectly balanced plate!
Nutritional info per serving (Makes 4)
Calories: 300 / Protein: 42.3 grams / Carbs: 15.7 grams / Fat: 7.3 grams
What you will need (for 4 Servings) ↓
- 1/2 cup uncooked Amaranth grain
- Salt & Pepper – or just use a rub of your liking, I use garlic salt and paprika 🙂
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced into chicken cutlets (about 1.5 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
Directions: (Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 8-10 min)
- Place the amaranth on a plate or small baking dish.
Season the chicken with salt & pepper, or other spices.
- Dredge the chicken in the amaranth until fully coated with the grains.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large cast iron skillet.
Cook the chicken over medium-high heat until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
(The amaranth may pop as it fries in the pan.)
Serve the chicken with veggies and enjoy!