Lean Meals: Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Dipping Sauce
Why we love this recipe:
→ At 300 calories, 30 grams of protein and just 7 grams of carbs per serving, these meatballs will be your new go-to lunch on low-carb days!
→ This blend of tasty Asian flavors will make your mouth water.
→ Serve them on sauteed zucchini noodles for the perfect low-carb meal, or with a side of broccoli and brown rice.
Nutritional info per serving (Makes 4) – 3 meatballs is 1 serving.
Calories: 300 / Protein: 30 grams / Carbs: 7 grams / Fat: 15 grams
What you will need (for 4 Servings / 12 meatballs) ↓
- 1-1/4 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh scallion
Directions: (Prep Time: 10min, Cook Time: 15-18 min)
- Preheat Oven to 500°F
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, garlic, ginger, cilantro, 1 tbsp of the soy sauce and 2 tsp sesame oil.
Gently mix with your hands until combined well.
Shape meatballs 1/4 cup in size and transfer to a baking sheet. (12 meatballs)
- Bake until cooked through and browned, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce:
mix the lime juice, water, soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl.
Add the scallions and set aside.
- Once cooked, transfer the meatballs to a serving dish.
Stir the sauce, then drizzle the meatballs with a little of the sauce.
Serve the meatballs with the remaining sauce on the side.