Calories: 380 / Protein: 23 grams / Carbs: 12 grams / Fat: 15 grams (makes 4 servings)
What you will need (for 4 Servings):
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere’s (or other creole seasoning)
- 1/2 – 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions: (Prep Time: 12 min, Cook Time: 20-30 min)
- In a large pan, brown ground beef until no longer pink. (I like to drain the fat at that point)
Add onion, salt and Tony’s and continue cooking until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add butter, cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to the pan and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer about 20 – 30 minutes until the cabbage is soft.
Note: The cabbage tends to dull out the flavors, so you will probably need to season this to your liking once it is done cooking.*
Enjoy Your One-Pan Creation!