Add some flavor to your dinners with this Chicken Fajitas Recipe!
Why we love these Fajitas:
→ 45 grams of protein and just 371 calories per serving.
→ Healthy, easy and so flavorful, this recipe is one quick meal everyone will love!
→ High in protein and carbs, while low in fat, these fajitas make a great post-workout meal.
Calories: 371 / Protein: 45 grams / Carbs: 31 grams / Fat: 8 grams (makes 4 servings / 1 fajita per serving)
What you will need (for 4 Servings):
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz each), rinsed, dried, trimmed of fat and cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Directions: (Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 10 min)
- In a medium sized bowl, add the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, chili powder, garlic and hot sauce.
Add the chicken strips to the sauce and lightly mix together to coat.
Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes (or refrigerate for a few hours).
- Place the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Once the oil is hot, add the chicken strip mixture to the pan and saute for 5-6 minutes.
Add the onion and green pepper, season with salt and pepper and continue to saute for another 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Warm the tortillas on a pan or in microwave.
Top tortillas with fajita mixture, sprinkle with lemon juice, and enjoy!