Add a little spice to your meal with this Thai Basil Chicken Recipe!
Why we love this chicken:
→ Has 40 grams of protein and just 220 calories per serving.
→ Versatile: pair it with rice on training days, or with a green salad on your days off.
This chicken will also taste great in spring rolls!
Nutritional info per serving (Makes 4):
Calories: 220 / Protein: 40 grams / Carbs: 2 grams / Fat: 4 grams
What you will need (for 4 Servings):
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz each), rinsed, dried, trimmed of fat
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon stevia or other sugar alternative
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
Directions: (Prep Time: 5min, Cook Time: 10-15 min)
- Cut each chicken breast into about 8 strips, set aside.
- Coat a 12-inch skillet in cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chiles and saute, stirring constantly until the garlic is just golden.
- Add the chicken strips and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through. Add the fish sauce and stevia and saute for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and sprinkle with the basil, mint and peanuts.