Pear-Cranberry Beef Tenderloin
Why we like this recipe:
→ High in protein & carbs, while low in fat, this beef tenderloin is a great meal for training days!
→ Combining fresh ingredients and great flavors, this dish sounds a bit elaborate but it is actually quick and easy to make (which means you’ll get all the praise, without spending too much time in the kitchen!)
Nutritional info per serving (Makes 4):
237 calories / 25 grams protein / 21 grams carbs / 5 grams fat
What you will need (for 4 Servings):
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, about 1 inch thick, trimmed of fat (4 oz each)
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dry red wine or grape juice
- 2 firm ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I did not have any so I used ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg. If you have ginger and clove then add those too!)
Directions: (Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 15-20 min)
- Spray a 12 inch skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, garlic and wine.
Sauté for about 3 minutes, until the onion is tender but now brown.
- Add pears, cranberries, brown sugar and pumpkin spice. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer uncovered for about 10 min, stirring frequently until the cranberries burst.
Transfer chutney into a bowl and set aside.
- Bring the heat back up to medium and add the beef to the skillet.
Cook about 4 min per side for medium doneness. (I cooked them about 3 min per side for medium rare.)
Serve with Chutney.